Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Board index » Genres » Metalcore, Hardcore

Post subject: Buried Inside - Spoils of Failure
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:58 pm 
Thrashist Dictator

Finally, Buried Inside return! Two new tracks have been upped to their myspace, and it looks like the album should be out in a couple weeks. I would highly recommend ordering this sucker and not just DLing it: if it's anything like Chronoclast you can probably expect some pretty nifty design/packaging and dense lyrics to chew through.

Post subject: Re: Buried Inside - Spoils of Failure
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:20 pm 
Unibomber

I have been waiting for this for so long. Chronoclast is one my favorite albums ever and IMO one of the greatest records ever made.

I must have listened to that V track 50 times the week they put it up. This II song is great as well.

Fuck I am excited for this.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:34 am 
Thrashist Dictator

Just got it! Sludgier, more focused than Chronoclast. Better tone too, IMO. The Neurosis influence is much more prominent on this release. Songs sound less samey. I love the bass lines on this album! Adds lots of colour and contrast without being distracting or show-offey.

Time will tell if I like it better than Chronoclast, but this will definitely be one of my favourite albums of the year.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:54 pm 
Metal Fanatic

hey, I thought these guys broke up.

Chronoclast was good...Time as Ideology is a great song...but I did think the songs were pretty 'samey' (even though, well done)

I'll definitly check this out...actually, the station probably has it right now (so I'll only have to wait till next Monday to listen)...

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:33 pm 
Metal Fanatic

J-Roc wrote:
actually, the station probably has it right now (so I'll only have to wait till next Monday to listen)...

HAHAHA! I was right, my music director just emailed me this week's playlist and this album is the first metal add.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:56 pm 
Thrashist Dictator

J-Roc wrote:
Chronoclast was good...Time as Ideology is a great song...but I did think the songs were pretty 'samey' (even though, well done)

I'm pretty sure Chronoclast has a lot of "samey" sounding songs because it's meant to be listened to as one whole piece, not a bunch of fragmented songs. That's why there are a couple riffs that pop up in more than one song ;-)

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:29 am 
Metal Fanatic

Onkel_Tom wrote:
J-Roc wrote:

I'm pretty sure Chronoclast has a lot of "samey" sounding songs because it's meant to be listened to as one whole piece, not a bunch of fragmented songs. That's why there are a couple riffs that pop up in more than one song ;-)

ya, and all the samey titles...hehe..."time as an entire album".

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:09 pm 
Metal Fanatic

I had never heard this band, so based on Tom's recommendation, I downloaded it.

I think this is going to be another one of those bands that I LOVE the music - but the lame ass vocalist has to cover the material with that shit vocal style that I can't stand. (See Cult of Luna). I'll listen a few times to see if I can get past it.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:53 pm 
Metal Fanatic

interesting...no song titles on this album. just blank track list identified by roman numerals (like cronoclast was)

I didn't have time to listen to the whole album yet, but it didn't stand out as much as when I first heard the band (on their last album)...I will have to take some time to chew this one...probably have to revisit the last one also (to be fair), as it has been a year (or more) since I listened to that one straight through...

Board index » Genres » Metalcore, Hardcore