Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Board index » Genres » Metalcore, Hardcore

Post subject: WHY DOES HARDCORE SUCK SO MUCH ASS NOW?
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:59 am 
Metal Fanatic

METALCORE??!?!?1

U CN'T BRK ME DOWN CUZ I'M FAT N TUFF!!!!!!

*PUNCHES FLOOR*

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENEDF TO REAL AGREWSSION AND ACTUAL HATRED?!?!?

WHY DOES THIS ENTIRE GENRE REVOLVE AROUND FAT MORONS, OR JUST WANNABIE KICKBOXING CLOSET HOMO KIDS?!?!?!?!!?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:30 am 
Token Punk

This ain't your mother's hardcore, son.

People discovered formulas for successful hardcore and metalcore music. You play the right light little solo shit and then drop into the right chugga-chuggas and the kids start pissing their pants to buy your merch. Who cares if it's dull, lifeless, uninspired, weak, and shitty? All that matters is those kids clamoring to wear your t-shirt.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:14 am 
Metal Fanatic

Big Ugly Jim wrote:
This ain't your mother's hardcore, son.

People discovered formulas for successful hardcore and metalcore music. You play the right light little solo shit and then drop into the right chugga-chuggas and the kids start pissing their pants to buy your merch. Who cares if it's dull, lifeless, uninspired, weak, and shitty? All that matters is those kids clamoring to wear your t-shirt.

I know. It just irritates me to see a once intelligent thing destroyed for the sex of retards.

Now when people talk about hardcore it's "represented" by crew's and G'z.

Or pathetic romance lyrics about some ug fat slutbag that offended your delicate precious emotional palate in high school.

Madball fucking sucks ass.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:52 am 
Token Punk

Nearly all of those bands suck ass. It's canned music the same as pop songs and disco are canned, and that's weak like tea. And I get real mad when people tell me that hardcore punk sounds like that. Ignorant fucks have no idea what hardcore punk is.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:08 am 
Metal Fanatic

Big Ugly Jim wrote:
Nearly all of those bands suck ass. It's canned music the same as pop songs and disco are canned, and that's weak like tea. And I get real mad when people tell me that hardcore punk sounds like that. Ignorant fucks have no idea what hardcore punk is.

What pisses me off is the people that tell me that the new "hxc" is evolution of hardcore punk and i'm closed minded about it because "i'm unwilling to open my mind" to the new wonders of a genre that has apparently "expanded."

Then i play them things even as mild as say dayglo, or even something say a bit more harsh like a little of the newer discharge and they go, "dude where is they hardness in that?" "I can't hear any rage or objection to todays society. blah nblah blah i'm gay."

IT HAS TO PUNCH THE FLOOR OR NOTHING AT ALL

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:40 am 
Token Punk

Another thing I don't understand is just how isolated musically these people tend to be. As a guy who puts on punk shows, I never see these little willies out at shows unless one of the three bands they like is on the bill, and then they just hide in the back until their band hits the stage. It'd be like a metalhead saying "I will only ever go to shows that feature death metal bands. I don't care how good the black/war/gore/grind/power/thrash/space/doom/hair metal band is, I simply cannot support them if they don't talk about baby impalement.

I can understand having likes and preferences, but to only like one very narrow sub-sub-subgenre of music just seems entirely retarded. Of course, people often are blown away that I like other kinds of music too. Maybe I'm just looking at it from the perspective of someone with an open mind instead of the usual "I can only handle 40 songs, so choose them wisely" mentality.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:55 am 
Metal Fanatic

I have an online buddy who is Dutch, and apparently, many people love Dayglo there. Who'd have known? He even posted some wicked pics for me :mrgreen:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:48 pm 
Token Punk

If memory serves, Rev Whitetrash once mentioned that the Daylglos are HUGE in Australia too. Looks like it's just trashy north american pussies who think they're not fun.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:09 pm 
Metal Fanatic

i need to start a crusty as fuck punk band.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:11 pm 
Token Punk

So do it. There's lots of crusties in Calgary to pick from. Just don't let Loki play guitar and sing, or you'll be a melodic hardcore band in no time. That guy has a LiveJournal, and you KNOW it's true.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:19 pm 
Metal Fanatic

Dude get the chick from Blacksky to sing, she has wicked dance moves. And also get Colin to play in his taekwon do uniform.

you cannot GET more hardcore than that shit.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:41 pm 
Metal Fanatic

I'm far too pretty to even associate myself with the term "crusty", let alone make music that could be described as such. However, I'm ALSO far too pretty to associate myself with "core" of any sort. Only whiny emo teens and the adults they grow into are capable of making such music, and as I was never whiny, emo, or a teen I'm clearly ineligible.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:41 am 
Metal Fanatic

There are tons of crusties in Edmonton as well. I'd honestly love to see some old-school hardcore being played here.
CRO-MAGS

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:07 pm 
Metal Fanatic

cro mags. that is one of the bands i was thinking of from this topic.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:29 pm 
Metal Fanatic

Definately my favorite from the whole new york scene. It would have been great growing up with those bands.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:58 pm 
Metal Fanatic

i remember seeing the video we gotta know on the power hour. that shit was aggressive back then and harley looked like a complete nutcase. hardcore to the bone. i gotta find me that cassette tape again.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:13 pm 
Hardcore doesn't suck ass. Hardcore is the same musick it has always been. It's some of the evolutionary offshoots that suck cack.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:22 am 
Thrashist Dictator

Loki wrote:
However, I'm ALSO far too pretty to associate myself with "core" of any sort. Only whiny emo teens and the adults they grow into are capable of making such music, and as I was never whiny, emo, or a teen I'm clearly ineligible.

John Longstreth (Angelcorpse/Origin) played for The Red Chord, a "core" band. Psyopus, The End, Despised Icon, Ion Dissonance, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Burnt By the Sun, Converge ... all "core" bands with nothing whiny or emo about them. Maybe you should listen to more music?

Most people who bitch about hardcore sound like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDovaz1s-5k

and this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRcXTlNl ... ed&search=

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:47 am 
Metal Fanatic

Seeing as "hardcore" has been used to refer to just about everything at some point, there's obviously some ambiguity as to what I was talking about. However, I also never specifically said "hardcore" because I was AWARE of the ambiguity it would create.

My understanding of music terminology at present associates "core" with "we want to sound macho because our music doesn't do it well enough". In my experience, though admittedly limited due to a lack of hearing anything that makes me want to look deeper, music ending in "core" has tended to suck. Grindcore, metalcore, gothcore... there are tons of them.

Also, your ability to take an (in my mind, at least) obvious joke thread far too seriously is astounding.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:20 am 
Metal Fanatic

Quote:
WHY DOES HARDCORE SUCK SO MUCH ASS NOW?

What do you mean, NOW?

Board index » Genres » Metalcore, Hardcore