Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Board index » Questions & Suggestions » Ideas for Alberta Metal

Post subject: Advertising and Joining
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:48 pm 
Metal Supporter

You might want to get into something like what facebook is doing when you join up with them. In the sense where the website asks if there's anyone else you want to invite to the site that may be interested. That being said, I thought that joining up was a little tedious. By the time I was approved for membership I had completely forgotten about the website and what my password may have been. If it's possible you might want to just limit membership approval to a captcha screening process and that way you don't have to worry about approving each individual applicant.

Post subject: Re: Advertising and Joining
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:02 pm 
Metal Fanatic

The current registration process still requires a captcha. I receive about 30-50 spam registrations per day. I check every day. I've been doing so for months but perhaps yours was missed? If a registration name looks at all 'real' I check the IP and email address before activating the account. There are less than 2 actual non-spam registrations per week out of a few hundred.
The php bulletin board format doesn't really allow for 'inviting friends' the way FB does; I wish it did and that there were other ways to increase interest here but thanks for the input. :metal3:

TRUEMETALSEATTLE

Board index » Questions & Suggestions » Ideas for Alberta Metal